Author Topic: Why a forum? Why this forum??  (Read 324 times)

Frannie Koe

• Physician
  • Let food by thy medicine!!
    • View Profile
    • Wills Valley Family Medicine
Why a forum? Why this forum??
« on: August 13, 2019, 06:47:28 AM »
So many pages that people go to on the internet are not specific and are not easily searchable for very specific topics.  I want a place to look if I want to know about strawberries and I am having trouble I can search easily what others are doing to fix their strawberry problems.  When I go to google I get hundreds of pages that don't help at all. I can find what I am looking for some of the time. But I cannot always find what I need to know in my area of the country or my county or town.  Everyone has a different microenvironment, a different situation or climate so it is often hard to find out what is going on in my neck of the woods about certain plants, health issues, rainfall amounts, etc.  So our goal on this forum is to make this a place people can find answers or ask questions and get answers that pertain to your local area. The way to do that is get lots of folks around your area on this forum!!  So invite anyone you can!!

dredman

• Administrator
  • Webmaster for AgroShare.com
    • View Profile
    • My Web Business
Re: Why a forum? Why this forum??
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 08:59:59 AM »
Not just searchable, but easily searchable makes a HUGE difference.  A well thought out forum is searchable, indexable, and very well organized unlike Facebook Groups & Twitter (largest social media networks).  The downside is, just like all other networking sites, it takes a little time to understand HOW it works.  The biggest hurdle in any social network is to understand HOW to participate and gain value.  Engagement is critical in a forum, otherwise, it's just a website.  If you have questions about HOW to engage, please post here.